About Me

We are a family of three, myself, Tracy, hubbie, Jay and one gorgeous little two year old munchkin, Finn. My hubbie works fulltime and I am a stay at home mum. We've just moved into a wonderful new home, a two bed terrace we are transforming into a lovely little cottage-style home, backing onto acres of parkland. We would like to extend our little family to include one more little munchkin and for this we need to convert the attic. So our mission for 2010 is to save, save, save £20,000 to reach this goal. So begins a year of extreme frugality...



Sunday 6 December 2009

Welcome to my blog

Hi there
This is my first attempt at a blog but I wanted to create something inspiring to keep me motivated on my great saving mission of 2010.
I have spent ages this weekend planning my budget for 2010, to try and keep our spending down as much as possible and give us extra money to put in the attic piggybank.
I also had some good news this weekend, OCR Examination Board have asked me to be an assistant examiner for one of their A-Level modules in June 2010. This will get the old brain cells working again, after two years out of education. Apparently I have to mark 250 papers [!!!] but the total payment for this will be £1300 [6% of our savings goal] so more than worth it. I just have to spend plenty of time refreshing my knowledge now - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment