About Me

We are a family of three, myself, Tracy, hubbie, Jay and one gorgeous little two year old munchkin, Finn. My hubbie works fulltime and I am a stay at home mum. We've just moved into a wonderful new home, a two bed terrace we are transforming into a lovely little cottage-style home, backing onto acres of parkland. We would like to extend our little family to include one more little munchkin and for this we need to convert the attic. So our mission for 2010 is to save, save, save £20,000 to reach this goal. So begins a year of extreme frugality...



Monday 21 December 2009

Amazing Charity Shop Finds

I love to go and have a nosey around our local charity shop, in the past I've got so many fab toys and clothes there.  Today was an amazing day between us I reckon my sister, my mum and I saved £70 at least!

I got a pair of toddler Adidas trainers [look like they've never been worn before] in tthe next size for my son £3!  These would be at least £30 rrp.
I also got a M&S 3D jigsaw for him [extra xmas pressie] in fab condition for £2.50.  This would be easily £10.
I got two packs of make your own crackers for £3 for both packs [these would be at least £5 each, so a saving of £7].

My sister got a pair of knee high New Look boots for £4, these would've easily been £25 brand new [and they were in immaculate condition] and mum got a Tesco cardi for £1.99 [approx £10 rrp].

All in all a good days bargains!!

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of what I buy in charity shops in terms of how much money I saved... thank you for putting such a good spin on it :)

    ReplyDelete