About Me

We are a family of three, myself, Tracy, hubbie, Jay and one gorgeous little two year old munchkin, Finn. My hubbie works fulltime and I am a stay at home mum. We've just moved into a wonderful new home, a two bed terrace we are transforming into a lovely little cottage-style home, backing onto acres of parkland. We would like to extend our little family to include one more little munchkin and for this we need to convert the attic. So our mission for 2010 is to save, save, save £20,000 to reach this goal. So begins a year of extreme frugality...



Thursday 17 December 2009

£9 free shopping!

Went to Home Bargains [HB] this evening to get some essentials as my stockpile of basics was mostly used up before the house move [beginning of Nov 09], and had two pairs of pjs I had bought as xmas pressies but decided I didn't need them in the end to take back.  I wasn't sure if they'd take them as I had no receipt but the did and they were £4.50 each thus £9 free shopping happy days!

Also counted up my change pot [started Nov 09 after the move] and we had 22 pounds in there so I will cash that in tomorrow, along with a cheque for £5 for two pairs of earrings sold this month.  So in total £36 more to add to the savings fund.

I also have 20 euros lying about upstairs, from our holiday to France earlier this year, that I am going to take to the bank to see if they will let me deposit these or exchnage them for me [I'll post an update on this tomorrow].

No comments:

Post a Comment