About Me

We are a family of three, myself, Tracy, hubbie, Jay and one gorgeous little two year old munchkin, Finn. My hubbie works fulltime and I am a stay at home mum. We've just moved into a wonderful new home, a two bed terrace we are transforming into a lovely little cottage-style home, backing onto acres of parkland. We would like to extend our little family to include one more little munchkin and for this we need to convert the attic. So our mission for 2010 is to save, save, save £20,000 to reach this goal. So begins a year of extreme frugality...



Tuesday 15 December 2009

Free entertainment and Xmas cupcakes

Well to get in the festive mood Finn and I went to our local school's carol service today.  It was so lovely, Finn spent the whole time cheering, dancing and being enthralled by the huge Xmas tree, and best of all it was complely free.  This afternoon we have our annual Mummies and Munchkins xmas meal, we go to a local cheap pub where they have a free indoor play area for the kids and spend a few hours gossiping and letting the kids wear themselves out!  Admittedly we do have food which is not the most frugal thing to do but it's cheap and cheerful and we do it instead of buying each other's kids xmas pressies so all in all a much cheaper xmas celebration, and to be fair with the mountian of toys all the lil munchkins get from family on xmas day this is something completely different for them.  I'm also going to make little xmas rice crispie cakes for dessert which will save us money, all with ingredients and decorations bought from Home Bargains [my fave shop ever!]. I already ahd the rice crisipes but I think they were about 50p for a huge bag [I'll prbably use about 5p worth], £1 for 200g white chocolate, although I'll only need 50g of this [25p], 29p for a box of twenty of the cutest little xmas decorations ever [1.4p each], and 19p for a pack of 100 petit four xmas cases [less than half a penny each].  I'll also add a sprinkle of magic edible reindeer glitter which I have hiding in my cupboard just waiting for me to make christmas cupcakes. I will make 20 cakes [one for each munchkin and mummy {of course}] and this will only cost me 69p!  If I bought these from a shop they'd be at least 50p each!  I'll upload a piccie when they're made, although I'd better get on with it before Finn wakes up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment