About Me

We are a family of three, myself, Tracy, hubbie, Jay and one gorgeous little two year old munchkin, Finn. My hubbie works fulltime and I am a stay at home mum. We've just moved into a wonderful new home, a two bed terrace we are transforming into a lovely little cottage-style home, backing onto acres of parkland. We would like to extend our little family to include one more little munchkin and for this we need to convert the attic. So our mission for 2010 is to save, save, save £20,000 to reach this goal. So begins a year of extreme frugality...



Thursday 17 December 2009

Free Food Woo Hoo!!

Well I have a very kind great-uncle.  After telling him all about my new-found love of my slow cooker, he went to Mr M and bought me a beef brisket joint worth £3.61 [money which I will now transfer to savings].  I will cook this for tea on Saturday, and I think Jay and Finn will be very pleased, me being a veggie on the other hand will have to take their word for it!  I also used my slow cooker to cook rice today and what a difference to cooking it on the hob!!  It expanded sooooo much!  I may have overcooked it slightly as it was a little bit too soft but we'll use it and it's all trial and error.  It's definitely one to try again though and it seems to go so much further.

Other money making news today:  I sold an unwanted toy on netmums for £4, which has gone straight into the savings.  I also sold some dvds on musicmagpie for £13 but I will not add that until the cheque arrives and the money is in the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment